On Behalf of the Princess of Friendship, Twilight Sparkle, we cordially invite you to attend this year’s Grand Galloping Gala! Join us for dancing, wonderful music as so much more.
After all… what could possibly go wrong?
The Grand Galloping Gala is considered to be a “Semi-Formal/Formal Event”. Please see below for the definition of formal. It is the one event that we ask our attendees to dress up formal and enjoy an evening of music and performances. Besides, it’s fun to get dressed up fancy every once in a while.
NOTE: Cross-gendered attire is acceptable as long as the person is dressed formally.
If you wouldn’t wear it to a wedding, the theater/symphony, or a formal work event, it won’t be allowed here.
- Long to tea length dresses or skirts. This means to the floor or to just about your knee.
- Dress pants and blouses are acceptable. Dress Military Uniform will be accepted as well.
- Formal-dressed Cosplay.
- Shoes: A dressy heel or flat would be considered acceptable. No converse, sneakers, or combat boot will be accepted. If for a medical reason you are unable to wear heels for long periods of times, please contact the staff at [email protected] so we can assist you.
- Shirts/Tops: Collared shirts (be it polos, dress, or tuxedo). Ties are strongly encouraged. A jacket is also strongly encouraged.
- Pants: Dress Slacks or Khakis are permitted.
- Military Dress Uniforms and Full Tuxedos are welcome.
- Formal-dressed Cosplay. This means that if the character is dressed in a nice suit, dress, or something of the formal variety.
- Shoes: Dress shoes only please. No sneakers will be permitted. If you are unable to wear dress shoes for a long period of time, please contact [email protected] so we can assist you.
Guests who appear in the following attire will NOT be allowed entry into the Gala. Including but not limited to: ripped jeans, t-shirts, casual tank-tops, speedos, short-shorts, mini-skirts, sweatpants, pajamas, props without costume, revealing or inappropriate dress, sport hats. Anything that is considered to be “casual street wear”, “active wear”, or “intimate wear” is considered to be inappropriate at this event.
FORMAL COSPLAY ONLY PLEASE!
What does this mean? If the character is dressed in a nice suit, dress, or something of the formal variety. Example: Sailor Moon in her battle gear/fuku would not be acceptable. Sailor Moon in her princess dress would be allowed. You are more than welcome to create a formal look for your character (IE: wearing a character wig with a nice dress or suit).
ALL COSTUMES MUST FOLLOW THE BRONYCON COSPLAY RULES AND GUIDELINES
Full fursuits are allowed. But we encourage you to try a partial suit with formal wear. This event will have interactive portions and the room can become crowded at times. Be sure your suit has proper vision and ventilation, or have a handler present to help you. Only one guest can be considered your handler.
Children Under the Age of 13 are strongly encouraged to dress formally as well. We at the Grand Galloping Gala want to create and special and magical evening for all of our guests of all ages.
Every year with the Grand Galloping Gala, we encourage audience participation. That being said, please understand the following for the performance.
- We request that our actors are given the utmost respect while they are stage.
- For the actor’s safety, please no flash photography.
- Do not harass, grab, or force yourself onto the actors. This is a violation of the BronyCon Code of Conduct.
- This event prohibits ALL outside food or drink; this includes bottled drinks and packaged snacks.
- Guests will be asked to dispose of all outside food and drink before they are allowed entry into the room. Water stations and cups will be provided within the ballroom for guests.
- Alcohol and illegal substances are NOT permitted within the ballroom or within the Baltimore Convention Center. If guests are acting suspicious and appear to be under the influence of drugs/alcohol, security will remove them from the Gala, and the BCC premises, as well as possible consequences may follow.
- Silly string, water pistols, shaving cream, and any projectile props that may potentially stain or ruin clothing are prohibited within the ballroom and users will be removed from the Gala.
- Noisemakers of any kind or portable stereos are not allowed within this event.
- This is a formal dance event, we ask that guests please behave with respect and decency. Any person participating in an activity that may be seen as harmful, rude, or disrespectful will be asked to leave the ballroom.
- Sexual Harassment or harassment of any kind will not be tolerated at BronyCon or at the Grand Galloping Gala. Please review BronyCon’s Anti-Harrassment Policy and respect the space and feelings of all guests and actors at the event.
- Please remember to follow all General BronyCon Rules.
We hope to see you at the Grand Galloping Gala at BronyCon 2019!